Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Fresh coat of paint brightening up Downtown Silver Spring

An extensive makeover continues at Downtown Silver Spring. The Peterson Cos. property is now brightening things up with vibrant, sharp colors. Signs warn of Wet Paint, but the new shades pop, especially at night. The new colors remind me of parts of Peterson's other big MoCo property, Rio Lakefront in Gaithersburg, which just underwent its own multimillion-dollar renovation. I recommend celebrating the new look with a scrumptious CAVA meatball!




4 comments:

  1. I legit thought nothing could be worse than the extremely cheap, beige faux stucco, but many of these color choices are somehow 10x worse. Just really awful looking. The various murals look nice, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was out at the Mosaic off Gallows Road in Fairfax over the weekend and the place is amazing. Sophisticated, subtle and a very professional friendly vibe. Family orientated while feeling very upscale. The new Rio in Gaithersburg also has a very sophisticated professional vibe as does Rockville Town Square. Then I come home to this garbage at downtown Silver Spring. I'm not sure what the Peterson Co was going for but the vibe is horrible and it looks like pure 1st-grade adolescent trash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Downtown SS is always full of people of various ages and ethnicites walking about. Downtown Rockville is never full.

      Delete
  3. I just want to say - Robert keep up the good work.
    I enjoy reading your work.

    ReplyDelete