Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Silver Spring construction update: The Bonifant (Photos)

The Bonifant, a new apartment building for active seniors at 929 Bonifant Street in downtown Silver Spring, is scheduled to open in May. It seems to have met a demand in the current market: all of the 2-bedroom units have already been leased.
Studios and 1-bedrooms remain, but are reportedly going fast. Certainly a great location, with all of the resources and services of the new Silver Spring Library right next door, and walking distance to transit and all of downtown Silver Spring's restaurants and nightlife.

The Bonifant is the result of a partnership between Montgomery Housing Partnership, The Donohoe Companies, and Humphrey Management.








3 comments:

  1. 2 wishes for this place. First, I hope they get some good tenants for the business places at the street level. Second, I hope not a single resident has a car because I have no idea where they'll park them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Building looks great. Wonder what retail will join. I think I recall something about the county capping the rent price and only allowing small/local businesses (like the rest of Bonifant) in the space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see buildings for seniors in our downtown areas.
    If I were a senior, I'd love to live in this location.

    ReplyDelete