Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Artist sought for Gene Lynch Urban Park in Silver Spring


The Montgomery Parks department is seeking a local artist to create a public art installation at the new Gene Lynch Urban Park, located at 8410 Colesville Road in downtown Silver Spring. It's a prime spot near the Silver Spring Transit Center, which could provide a lot of exposure for the winning artist (just think of how famous the reptilian Purple Line mural and the Silver Spring Metro penguins became over the last decade). The deadline for submissions is March 10, 2023. Everything you need to know to apply is here.

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Robert. I wrote to MCNCPPC about how I think they have fvcked up this corner. They are wasting money on a park no one will use as that intersection just sits in the sun! The reply I got was that trees were planted. Yes, trees that will not bloom in any of our lifetimes, as it takes at least 60years. Do you recall which parks have a tarp over them for shade after parents complained of the plstic burning their kids thighs/legs? I thought it was Ellsworth but I walked there and it has no shade. I cannot remember.

    ReplyDelete