Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Montgomery County police chief announces retirement


Montgomery County Police Chief Marcus Jones abruptly announced his retirement this morning, January 30, 2024. He has served the public for 38 years, the last four of them as chief. His retirement will be effective Monday, July 1.

“It has been an honor to lead such a dedicated and talented department of officers and professional staff. I am immensely proud of what we have accomplished together, and I am confident in the department’s continued success,” Chief Jones said in a statement. “Now is the right time to retire. I am grateful for the support I have received throughout my career. While I may be stepping down a few months earlier than originally planned, I won’t be far. You will still see me around, actively engaging in and contributing to the well-being of Montgomery County.”

A department press release states that the search for a new police chief will begin immediately. Chief Jones did not cite a specific reason for his retirement, nor for moving his retirement date up to July 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment