Friday, September 4, 2015
Fire at Burger King on Veirs Mill Road; 2nd MoCo BK fire in a month
Upon arriving, they found a grease fire in the restaurant kitchen's deep fryers, Montgomery County Fire and Rescue spokesperson Pete Piringer said. A similar deep fryer blaze ignited in early August at a Burger King on Shady Grove Road. Last night's fire was not as severe, as firefighters were able to contain it from spreading.
No injuries were reported in last night's incident, but a health inspector had to be called in to determine if there was any reason the restaurant couldn't immediately reopen.